Never hesitate on receiving oral cancer screenings. The highest recovery rates are often found in those individuals who are treated at early stages of the cancer’s development. Look at the following signs and symptoms of oral cancer, and if you are displaying any of them, please come in for an oral cancer screening as soon as possible:
– Oral cancer symptoms typically include the failure to heal quickly and effectively within two weeks of an open sore or wound first appearing.
– If you suffer from decreased functions such as speaking and eating, you may be suffering from oral cancer.
– Frequently, oral cancer can cause your throat to be sore and raw and can give you the sensation of a constant lump in your throat.
– Oral cancer can be linked to numbness or loss of sensitivity in your facial areas.
– When looking for strange signs in a person’s mouth, check for all manner of irregular disorders, including speckled patches, bumps, rough patches, and swelling or eroded areas that cannot be easily linked elsewhere.
– Irregular symptoms linked to oral cancer include drastic weight loss and malocclusions.
– Persistent bleeding from your mouth that does not easily heal may be a sign of an underlying illness such as oral cancer.
Make sure to take good care of your smile, so it can potentially last a lifetime. For more information about oral cancer screenings, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Ali Nia and our team at Mesa Dental Care, give us a call at 480-730-0500. Our dentist office is conveniently located in Mesa, Arizona. We will be glad to help conquer your oral health disorders together.